|Tweet||Printable Version||Email This|
Image by: raindog
- Early Druids in France worshipped Samhain on 1st of November
- They believed evil spirits left to harm people in such nights
- People thought leaving food for them will neutralise the danger
- Later on the Catholics made it a Christian holiday which they called "All Saints' day"
- So the night before became the "Hallowed Evening"
- Later on it was shortened as "Halloween"
Halloween is not for the Children of God! But why? Let me explain you.
1. The fun nature of Halloween pretends that Devil is not real
A. This is harmless if the spirit world never exist
B. But the Bible says that Satan Exists, (Isaiah 14:12-15)
C. Bible tells us the Demons do exist (Revelation 12:1-9, 2 Peter 2:4, Job 4:18)
2. The Halloween ignores the fact that the occult is real
A. Do not tell your children there is no such thing
B. Halloween is a way of playing with the occult
C. We are in a battle with these evil spirits, ( Ephesians 6:12)
3. Halloween is not for Christians
A. God has called us into light, (Colossians 1:12-13)
B. He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness
C. We have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness (Ephesians 5:11a)
D. The deeds of the darkness are shameful
E. We should abstain from all kinds of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22)
A. Halloween is a day where people glorify Satan without their knowledge.
B. It represents darkness, and we represent light.
C. We have no deal with the useless deeds of the kingdom of evil.
D. We should condemn even the slightest hint of evil.