I installed the Bible App little more than a year ago, right after I got my first Smart Phone. Today it’s a vital part of my personal spiritual growth plan. In this intro I want to share with you few reasons why I like it and why it’s worth a try.
1. Cloud ready – The App is cloud ready, so that everything I do in it is synced across my other devices. (Ex: I highlight a verse in my primary device and my backup device will reflect the highlight as soon as I connect it to the Internet.)
2. Reading plans – Although the app has many features Bible reading plans are my favorite. They come in different categories. With these I can cover the whole Bible in a specific period, focus on a topic or read a devotional from a reputed Christian leader such as Joyce Meyer, Billy Graham, John Piper, Rick Warren etc.
3. Catch me up – Few months ago my mobile device malfunctioned and I had to return it to the service center, which remained there for more than two weeks. I don’t like reading my Bible in the PC much and couldn’t follow my reading plan during that time. Thankfully, after I got my device back, I could use the “Catch me up” function to shift start and end dates forward. It made the last fully completed day become yesterday and I could continue from where I left.
4. Many devices – The Bible app is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, HP/Palm, Java, Symbian, Kindle Fire and even Windows 8. Even if I don’t have any of the above I can still access it on the web using my favorite web browser.
5. Multiple versions – I can choose from many Bible versions or translations and even compare two versions side by side. I can highlight verses in my favorite color, book mark Bible verses and take notes with minimum effort. The Bible App is available in more than 600 versions and over 375 languages at the moment of this writing.
6. Multiple approaches
I can read the Bible, listen to it or even watch the supplementary films bringing scripture to life. Among the films are some popular titles such as Jesus Film and Son of God.
7. Social Media ready – It is integrated with Social media by design that sharing anything on Facebook or Twitter is a breeze.
8. Easy sharing – The “Share” feature enables me to share my favorite bible verses, notes and highlights with friends and discuss them.
9. YouVersion Live – YouVersion live gives me a way to interact with church services and other live events. I can follow along with message outlines and take notes, read related Bible verses, vote on a poll and see the results live, ask questions anonymously and submit prayer requests.
10. History – The “History” feature gives me a quick view of all the reading plans I have completed so far. Unfortunately however I cannot reopen those plans in case I wanted to reread something.
In conclusion “The Bible” is a very useful app that every Christian should consider having. It has something for everyone who is serious about their personal spiritual growth. You can visit the official web site for the download links or check the screenshots below for a sneak peak view of the app.