According to research, the average Pastor spends at least 30 hours in sermon preparation every week. This blog aims to ease the burden and make the time spent in preparation much more results-oriented. Launched by Yohan Perera in the year 2007, this happens to be the first blog of its kind launched by a Sri Lankan.
Ease the burden of the Pastor and make the time spent in sermon preparation further results-oriented by serving them easy to understand Christian Preaching & Teaching material through an online portal at absolutely no cost.
Yohan is passionate about Technology also. He has helped many individual Pastors to set up their ministry blogs as well as websites for Churches, other Christian Institutes, non-profits, and even business establishments.
In the past, he has worked as an IT Instructor, Accountant, IT Executive, an Assistant Pastor as well as the Administrator and Secretary for the Colombo Region of the Assemblies of God in Sri Lanka. At present, he manages Social Media and the Web Site for a leading church in Colombo.
Yohan also happens to be a Pastor accredited by the Assemblies of God in Sri Lanka. He is an alumnus of the London Business School (Colombo) and Assemblies of God Bible College.
5. Every person can have restored fellowship with God through means of ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal savior), (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8; Titus 2:11; Titus 3:5-7)
6. We believe and practice two ordinances
- Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4)
- Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation, (Luke 22:14-20; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
7. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in the New Testament times, (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4; Acts 1:8)
8. We believe the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles, (Acts 2:4)
9. We believe sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like, (Romans 12:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 13:12)
10. The church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. A divinely called and scripturally ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human needs with ministries of love and compassion. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
12. Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins), (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:14-16)
13. We believe in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus raptures His Church prior to His return to earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time, all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, and be with the Lord forever, (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52)
14. We believe in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace, (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27; Matthew 24:30; Revelation 1:7; Revelation 19:11-14; Revelation 20:1-6)
15. We believe a final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire. (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 21:8)
16. We believe and look forward to the perfect new heavens and new earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’ (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1-27; Revelation 22:1-21)