Text: 2 Kings 1:5-19
What can we learn from Naman’s miracle
1. Needs are a part of God’s plan for me, 2 Kings 5:1-8
- God is aware of our needs
- He has allowed them to be a part of life.
- So that we may seek true God
- Naman had his own beliefs, but non of his god’s could cure him.
2. God doesn’t care about positions, 2 Kings 5:9-10
- Naman exhibited his wealth, fame and power. But Elisha didn’t care.
- Naman expected a warm welcome from the prophet, but he was ignored.
- The swollen headed cannot see God.
3. God shows mercy to the humble hearted, 2 Kings 5:11-14
- Only the child like (not childish), will see the kingdom of God, Matthew 19:13-15
- Jordan was a dirty river.
- Elisha ordered Naman to dip himself seven times in river of Jordan.
- God shows mercy to the humble.
4. You can never pay back to God, 2 Kings 5:15-19
- Elisha rejected Naman’s rewards.
- But Naman got converted.
- We can not pay back to God, for what he has done. We can only but follow him.
5. Application and conclusion
- We come to know God because of our needs that others cannot meet.
- God shows mercy to the humble, regardless of caste, class and ethnic group.
- If you have encountered God today, choose to follow him whole heartedly.